About H.E.L and this role
Our mission at H.E.L Group is to make a healthier, sustainable, safer world for everyone. We equip scientists with the right tools and knowledge to develop safe, efficient new processes and molecules that benefit the world and its population.
Our core values are:
Being insightful through experience,
Being collaborative by design,
Being tenacious in spirit,
Being proud of progress.
We operate globally with offices in London, UK (HQ), Princeton, USA, Beijing, China, and Singapore, as well as field-based staff across our direct regions, and trusted partners in distribution territories.
This role is key in delivering world class application support to our increasing customer base, both pre- and post-sales.
Responsibilities of the role
Be the technical lead for sales projects, supporting account management colleagues to win sales, including demonstrations and evaluations.
- Support customers with application queries, being the lead internal coordinator to achieve successful outcomes.
- Develop and conduct training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrate skills to trainees, including both team members and customers
- Develop customer relationships, identify, and translate customer needs into workable solutions that drive business success and revenue growth.
- Build relationships with existing customers as well as Key Opinion Leaders in the region, to support commercial activities and gain market insight.
- Provide technical and application-based support to the sales and marketing teams.
- Generate and deliver technical training, both internally and externally, e.g. seminars, lunch & learns, conferences etc.
- Use customer feedback and general awareness to identify new opportunities and unmet needs in relation to new product proposals and product modifications – feeding this information back to the product management team.
- Develop new application notes / publications / webinars / training courses by collaborating with customers and the central marketing team.
- Maintain CRM customer database of contacts, organizations, instruments, and contracts.
- Assist in final testing of new products when necessary
Minimum Education and Experience
- Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and 1+ years of experience within chemical / chemical engineering R&D fields. Advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to build technical relationships and run collaborations with industry leading scientists.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience listening to and discussing technical applications with customers to develop desirable outcomes.
- A collaborative work approach that is focused on helping customers and delivering results.
- Practical experience in chemical assay development with understanding of key performance requirements. Knowledge of chemical workflows across multiple platforms within the laboratory and process scale up stages necessary.
- Alternatively, practical experience in bioreactor process development or battery safety and performance testing.
- Ability to travel extensively within USA and Canada, including overnight and / or weekend stays, if necessary. – typically, this will be up to 50-60% of the time.
- Occasional travel to UK for training and meetings.
- Experience developing protocols for mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic scientific equipment.
- Experience with Web applications as well as Microsoft suite of products.
- Must have and maintain a valid, clean driver’s License.
- Must be a US citizen or visa holder with ability to travel in and out of the USA.
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- A self-starter who is focused, reliable, flexible, and well-organized.
- Working knowledge of chemical processes deployed in pharmaceutical and fine chemical R&D is preferred.
- Alternatively, working knowledge of bioreactor processes or battery safety/performance testing.
- Experience in building long-term relationships with clients.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility in work hours.
- Two to four week initial training on H.E.L products based in our headquarters in UK, supplemented with additional training over time.
- H.E.L writing style, & brand usage.
- How to deliver successful training to customers.
- Training on company business information systems applicable for role – CRM, ERP, MS Office collaboration tools.
- Health & Safety Training, as required.
- On the job training.
You can download the full position description here
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, uploading your resume and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)