Our mission at H.E.L Group is to make a healthier, sustainable, safer world for everyone. We equip scientists with the right tools and knowledge to develop safe, efficient new processes and molecules that benefit the world and its population.
Our core values are:
Being insightful through experience,
Being collaborative by design,
Being tenacious in spirit,
Being proud of progress.
We operate globally with offices in London, UK (HQ), Princeton, USA, Beijing, China, Mumbai, India, and Singapore. We also have field-based staff and trusted partners in distribution territories across our direct regions.
We are looking for a seasoned applications scientist to work in our marketing team to support our technical-commercial efforts. The primary objective of this role is to create compelling application materials to support our sales and marketing efforts.
This role is ideally suited to a scientist passionate about communicating science to a technical audience across a wide range of media and channels. At H.E.L, we utilize video, audio, social media, long-form written content, and in-person communications. This role will generate regular sales and marketing collateral to support our commercial teams and test applications for new products before launch.
Ideally, the successful candidate will blend their enthusiasm and expertise for scientific communication with a focus on and experience in one of the key technology areas that H.E.L specializes in. We’re particularly interested in candidates with experience in battery development & testing, calorimetry, or bench-scale automated bioreactor systems.
Responsibilities of the role
The primary focus of this role is to deliver applications content to support the commercial efforts of H.E.L group. Knowledge of and connection into H.E.L’s key markets will form an additional area of focus for this role.
- Largely self-contained preparation and presentation of scientifically focused content to drive the strategy and execution of technical marketing content to support H.E.L’s commercial efforts. This will include:
- Regular application notes and white papers
- Magazine articles
- Video content
- Content for social media
- Presentations online and in-person
- Meeting agreed deadlines for content production & promotion
- Working closely with other members of the marketing team to lead the content-driven elements of sales and marketing at H.E.L
- Maintaining an up-to-date list of scientific publications that describe the use of H.E.L Group products and contribute to the production of new publications
- Identifying patterns in customer needs and pro-actively producing material that supports customers
- Working effectively with KOLs and collaborators to produce co-authored content.
- Performing experimental work to produce data for use in applications content
- Supporting the development & product management teams with insights on applications on new products
- Supporting the sales team with product training
- Engaging with early customers to provide applications advice
- Articulating the connection between customer’s requirements and how H.E.L Group products & services can support them
Minimum Education and Experience
- A BSc. In Chemistry, Biological Sciences, or Biochemistry, along with an MSc. or Ph.D. qualification in a relevant discipline
- Experience in battery development & testing, calorimetry, or bench-scale automated bioreactor systems would be a strong asset
- Over three years’ experience in science communication or a similar content creation role is a must; over five years is preferred.
- Fluent in English with experience in technical communication across a range of media types.
- Familiarity with writing for scientific publications and technical audiences
- Strong technical background – able to understand and articulate the problems that our customers are trying to solve within the context of the customer’s current and future requirements
- Experience analyzing the impact and effectiveness of content
- Amazing communication skills
- A keen interest in new science.
- Ability to work effectively both interdepartmentally and internationally
- Strong customer-facing skills in the creation and delivery of presentations of data and marketing materials and in obtaining customer feedback
- Willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally, occasionally at short notice
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and accommodate unexpected work changes
- Resourceful, proactive, meticulous attention to detail. Ability to be creative under pressure with tight deadlines
- Competent to expert in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) email and online platforms
- Experience with communicating over social media
- Fluency in written & spoken English
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- Experience in SEO keyword research would be an advantage
- Knowledge of other languages would be helpful
- Demonstrated bias for action and decision-making in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Goal-oriented with an outstanding track record of achieving targets on time
- A strong sense of ethics
- Open to giving and receiving open, honest feedback back in a timely manner
- Use of the CRM or marketing automation tools in the HubSpot platform
- Some basic design & graphics competency (such as use of Adobe Photoshop)
- Training on H.E.L product range
- H.E.L branding & editorial style
- Writing content for and publishing in the H.E.L online systems, using HubSpot and web CMS (WordPress)
- H.E.L business systems and marketing tech stack
- Health & Safety Training, as required
- Personal training and development initiatives that support both the role and the candidate’s long-term career aspirations.
You can download the full position description here
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, uploading your resume and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)