About H.E.L and this role
Our mission at H.E.L Group is to make a healthier, sustainable, safer world for everyone. We equip scientists with the right tools and knowledge to develop safe, efficient new processes and molecules that benefit the world and its population.
Our core values are:
- Being insightful through experience,
- Being collaborative by design,
- Being tenacious in spirit,
- Being proud of progress.
We operate globally with offices in London, UK (HQ), Princeton, USA, Beijing, China, India (Mumbai), and Singapore, as well as field-based staff across our direct regions and trusted partners in distribution territories.
This role is necessary for ensuring sales development, managing the customer life cycle of existing customers/users, and ensuring new customer acquisition. The role will also ensure that all our products get a deserving market share and assist our customers in mission-critical projects and impacting outcomes positively.
The ideal candidate will have a strong, demonstrable track record in selling capital scientific instruments with a proven ability to be self-motivated and deliver results.
Responsibilities of the role
- Meet the quarterly and annual regional order targets.
- Track, record, and document all relevant information from all technical and sales enquiries from customer relationship management (CRM) database to ensure effective follow-up of customers, pre and post sales
- Ability and eagerness to drive all initiatives through a variety of mechanisms, including face-to-face customer meetings as a primary activity. Ability to plan and execute all customer-facing activities in a CRM and against SMART metrics.
- Owns all the accounts in the assigned region of the Eastern USA, representing the entire H.E.L Group portfolio.
- Travel throughout the Eastern Region up to 70% of the time, including overnight travel as required based on location. Depending on business requirements, travel to other destinations might be required, including conferences, trade shows, training, sales meetings, etc.
- Identifies and closes new client opportunities by developing appropriate solutions and delivering implementation support across all customer types.
- Leads and develops account relationships to drive expansion for new system orders and after-sales products.
- Provides product assistance, consultation, and problem-solving to customers.
- Identifies, documents, confirms and presents the best technology choice to meet the customer needs.
- Provides quotations, negotiates contracts, and closes orders with end users as well as purchasing departments and supports all procurement processes.
- Applies data and metrics to develop and report on account development strategies and tactics.
- Adaptable to customer needs, as well as to market conditions and trends that affect them, and work independently to lead customer relationships.
- Actively develop, organize, and run demonstrations, seminars, mini-exhibitions, and similar “on-site” activities at key accounts, technology symposia, and congresses in the assigned territory.
- Follow up installations of the company’s products in customers’ labs to ensure a high level of satisfaction.
- Manages direction of the region and develops sales strategies to meet plans and expand business within assigned territory.
- Maintains and grows a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed all sales objectives.
- Utilizes company sales tools to effectively develop the accounts, opportunities, pipelines, and forecasts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor the competition and report important activities (products & technical developments, trends in the market, seminars, training sessions etc.)
- Introduces new products and services as available
- Produce accurate monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- Actively follow up on inquiries from customers for further information on how H.E.L. Group’s products can help them in their research.
- Ensure accurate qualification of the decision makers and what the purchase processes are for each potential system sale to be used in effectively closing sales opportunities.
- Receive relevant technical training and provide technical and commercial information on new products and related applications to clients.
- Work together with other H.E.L Group personnel to ensure high quality effective technical support to customers and prospective customers in the territory through thorough knowledge of H.E.L’s products and effective communications of applications related to these products.
- Gather customer and technical information to aid the effective targeting of marketing activities and product pricing.
- Actively participate in the development of the company sales and marketing plan.
Minimum Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical Engineering, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in sales of capital life sciences equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of selling to pharmaceutical biotechnology, industrial, R&D chemical sector, academic institutions, and government accounts is desirable.
- Technical competency to understand and clearly discuss relevant applications, to stay current in technical knowledge, and to consult with customers in a helpful, courteous, positive, and professional manner in order to provide best-in-class solutions.
- Proven ability of effective written and verbal communication/listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate and project themselves.
- Strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at one time.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) and the use of internet.
- Experienced in using CRM – HubSpot experience preferred
- Highly driven with a strong motivation to succeed.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and targets
- Well organized, able to devise and manage systems for handling customers/accounts at all levels, including senior-level management.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and accommodate unexpected work changes.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix in a diverse global organization.
- All necessary training on the H.E.L Group portfolio that includes product introduction and training, independent reading, and solutions selling.
- CRM and ERP (quoting) tools.
- Health and Safety Training as required.
- On-the-job training
You can download the full position description here
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, and upload your CV and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)