About H.E.L and this role
Our mission at H.E.L Group is to make a healthier, sustainable, safer world for everyone. We equip scientists with the right tools and knowledge to develop safe, efficient new processes and molecules that benefit the world and its population.
Our core values are:
Being insightful through experience,
Being collaborative by design,
Being tenacious in spirit,
Being proud of progress.
We operate globally with offices in London – UK (HQ), Princeton – USA, Beijing – China, Mumbai – India, and Singapore and field-based staff across our direct regions and trusted partners in distribution territories.
This role will involve hands-on field service work primarily in the Western USA and Canada. The Field Service Engineer Leader will be responsible for the installation, commissioning, maintenance, and servicing of H.E.L’s range of instrumentation and equipment. Service engineers work routinely on customers’ sites. There will also be time spent in the UK headquarters for training and product familiarization.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for the customer after-sales experience. You will investigate and resolve customer reports of technical problems with equipment and eliminate future operational or service difficulties.
This role requires extensive travel, as customer demands require.
- Investigate, diagnose and create corrective plans to resolve instrument technical problems with instruments and satisfy the customer.
- Liaise with colleagues across the company to ensure timely delivery of parts and consumables needed for repair and maintenance.
- Be responsible for identifying and passing back into the (sales/operations/marketing) organization information on the root cause of service-related issues.
- Promote a safe working environment and ensures compliance with all applicable EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) policies and procedures, supported through effective and timely training via the e-learning tool and appropriate onsite coaching/audits.
- Build effective internal relationships to enhance the business performance and external customer experience. This will require close interaction with the leaders of each department in the H.E.L organization.
- Work directly with the equipment sales team to manage customer interaction to ensure consistent/standard processes and procedures.
- Ability to travel 70% of the time depending on operational requirements. This travel will be predominantly in the central and western regions of the US, but travel to the east coast and other countries may occasionally be required.
- Analyse inspection findings to determine the source of the problem, and perform repair, replacement, or other corrective actions
- Assist in the analysis of reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommend modifications to eliminate future problems
- Handle customer application and use issues.
- Assist in final testing of new products when necessary
- Adhere, and comply to SOP (standard operating procedures) and WI (working instruction)
Minimum Education and Experience
- Graduate with a first professional degree in engineering branches such as electromechanical, electrical, mechanical, or chemical with 3 to 5 years of experience as a Service Engineer.
- Very skilled in electronics, informatics, and mechanics with basic chemistry knowledge.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic equipment.
- Experience working with Service Report tools to plan, execute and report customer service cases.
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
- Experience in using systems used to support a field-based service transaction.
- Proven ability to align customer focus within a commercially focused organization.
- Expected to be customer-oriented, have good communication skills, and collaborate with many different individuals from different cultures.
- Full driving license and uninhibited ability to travel within the US and internationally.
- US passport or working visa required.
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to relay the problem and solution to customers, management, and other stakeholders
- Must be able to work without any direct supervision as Service engineers work routinely outside of the company premises .
- Ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and accommodate unexpected work changes.
- Ability to work effectively both interdepartmentally and internationally .
- Knowledge of other languages would be helpful.
- System training at H.E.L.
- Health & Safety Training, as required.
- On the job training.
You can download the full position description here
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, uploading your resume and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)