About H.E.L and this role
Our mission at H.E.L Group is to make a healthier, sustainable, safer world for everyone. We equip scientists with the right tools and knowledge to develop safe, efficient new processes and molecules that benefit the world and its population.
Our core values are:
Being insightful through experience,
Being collaborative by design,
Being tenacious in spirit,
Being proud of progress.
We operate globally with offices in London – UK (HQ), Princeton – USA, Beijing – China, Mumbai – India, and Singapore and field-based staff across our direct regions and trusted partners in distribution territories.
There are three legal entities in the UK (two holding companies and the main manufacturing / trading company), and three overseas 100% owned subsidiaries in USA, China and India which all both sell and service the UK manufactured equipment.
We are looking for a qualified financial accountant to support the group financial controller to ensure UK financial controls are adhered to and financial accounts are prepared accurately and timely.
This role is ideally suited to a recently qualified accountant wanting to gain their first managerial experience, where future progression to UK Financial Controller is within a reasonable timeframe should the candidate demonstrate the right skills and attributes.
You will work alongside an experience Group Financial Controller, with a team of two working for you and within a team that also includes another part qualified Management Accountant.
You will have responsibility for the financial accounts and controls of the three UK legal entities and are likely to get exposure to the wider international group.
Responsibilities of the role
- Financial integrity of UK legal entities
- Credit control responsibility for the major account balances, working with and managing the sales ledger accountant
- Managing all payments out of the UK bank accounts; trade creditors, payroll and pension related costs, finance and other costs.
- Approve weekly payment runs (currently being done daily)
- Prepare payroll for HEL Ltd and HEL Group working with payroll provider
- Prepare pension payments
- Benefit select deductions – including Paycare monthly additions
- Review Credit cards expenses & approvals on concur – new card holder applications
- Cash flow forecast for the group
- Take on responsibility for UK P&L – review meetings with teams – sales / after sales / stock / etc
- R&D tax credits financial submission preparation (1 x year)
- Catch up on pension portal – old members need to be removed
- Prepare for budget files – templates & populate
- Review opex (budget vs actual) for Ltd
- Payroll reconciliation to budget by person / role
- Margin report for equipment
- SOP’s – there will be more needed to be written & in other countries
- Maintenance of the fixed assets
- Reconciliation of stock accounts and preparation of stock provision required, working with production colleagues
- Liaise with external auditors as necessary
- Support and liaison with internal departments, intercompany, agents and clients.
- General – any other tasks as required by the department
Minimum Education and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in same/similar role.
- Experience of an ERP system (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) email and use of the Internet.
- Experience of SAP B1 would be an advantage
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- Excellent attention to detail needed
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships both internally and externally and will have the ability to work well within a team
- Good organizational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Training on company business information systems applicable for role
- Health & Safety Training, as required
- On the job training
HEL Pay and Benefits
- Salary in line with Market average
- Bonus up to 10%
- Pension – Company pays in 3% after 3 months – rises to 10% after 1 year, employee contribution 5%
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. Ability to buy or sell 5 days holiday each year
- After 3 months, access to online benefit select portal – all staff get Cash health plan for dental and medical – other benefits such as Cycle to work or holiday trading, with access to discount portal for Gym membership & other retailers
- Death in service cover at 4x salary
You can download the full position description here
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, and upload your CV and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)