About H.E.L and this role
Our mission at H.E.L Group is to make a healthier, sustainable, safer world for everyone. We equip scientists with the right tools and knowledge to develop safe, efficient new processes and molecules that benefit the world and its population.
Our core values are:
Being insightful through experience,
Being collaborative by design,
Being tenacious in spirit,
Being proud of progress.
We operate globally with offices in London – UK (HQ), Princeton – USA, Beijing – China, Mumbai – India, and Singapore and field-based staff across our direct regions and trusted partners in distribution territories.
The Marketing Communications leader manages the central marketing team, focusing on lead generation, brand development, and effective commercial product launch.
This role supports the growth in the company’s value by setting the marketing communications strategy for H.E.L and sees that strategy converted to actionable, impactful results. With a focus on supporting successful commercial execution through lead generation and opportunity funnel growth, it also impacts brand awareness, positioning, and PR activities.
In addition to the current team, this role is responsible for expanding H.E.L’s effective marketing footprint, working with colleagues, contractors, and suppliers worldwide. Although based in the UK, this role will be responsible for the global approach to marketing, including effective delivery of local events for specific sales regions.
The role ideally suits a marketing communications professional who can convert company-wide strategy into supporting marketing campaigns and activities. The Marketing Communications Leader reports to the C-suite and will be a member of the company’s senior leadership. You will need to be a disciplined thinker and doer. There are many opportunities for marketing activities at H.E.L, and the successful candidate in this role will have an extreme focus on selected deliverables and show an admirable track record in meeting milestones.
Responsibilities of the role
- Increase the company’s value through effective marketing campaigns.
- Leadership and development of the marketing communications team, including all aspects of line management, especially supporting team members in their personal and professional development.
- Deliver high-quality top-of-the-funnel leads to the sales team, which support the company orders and growth goals.
- H.E.L brand champion and ultimate authority. You’ll develop, deploy, and enforce H.E.L group brand architecture & brand guidelines across all aspects of the business.
- Maintaining all current sales and marketing collateral.
- Defining the marketing approaches and strategy for all active elements of the product portfolio.
- Develop and own the marketing calendar.
- Train the sales organization on marketing campaigns and expected outcomes.
- Execute successful product launches, working in combination with colleagues in product management, sales, and development.
- Own the marketing tech stack, including substantial involvement in the ownership and maintenance of the company CRM/marketing automation platform, specifically:
- Ownership of contact record data structure & hygiene
- Ownership and use of the marketing automation tools
- Ownership of the lead handover and follow-up process
- Deep working understanding of deal management and structure to support lead handover and follow-up.
- Monitor, analyze and report on the performance of each campaign against agreed KPIs, with objective measurement
- Support product line brand development and brand consistency
- Plan and own the Marcom budget and maximize ROI.
- Develop & maintain reporting tools to show the ROI of marketing activities.
- Regular communication of marketing communications’ impact on the broader organization and board.
- Building and maintaining an effective working relationship with key stakeholders:
- Commercial GMs
- Product management team
- Work alongside CCO to support company PR activities, as appropriate.
- Work closely with the product management team to help shape the long-term product roadmap.
- Manage marketing/demo inventory from promotional materials, such as booth material, through to functional demo systems.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Highly resourceful and strategic thinker with strong emotional intelligence, operational rigor, and project management capabilities.
- Powerful facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills, particularly with individuals from diverse work cultures supporting the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences and executives to achieve overall objectives.
- Proven project planning and execution skills, with a strong sense of project ownership and the ability to anticipate possible roadblocks and provide viable solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, multitask, manage time effectively, and keep schedules and projects in order and up to speed.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills.
- A competitive mindset (will to win).
- A Bachelor’s degree (+) and at least four years of relevant marketing experience for scientific B2B (instrument) companies.
- Two years (+) line management experience in marketing teams.
- International strategic and operational experience as a marketing leader.
- Experience in successfully delivering content-led marketing programs and activities.
- Strong knowledge of the various marketing disciplines, especially multi-channel digital marketing; thorough knowledge and practical working experience of a wide range of direct digital marketing channels from websites to search engines, to social media channels, to digital multi-touch and nurture campaigns.
- Experience in customer (or market) segmentation-based marketing.
- Experience in annual plan definition and implementation.
- Strong ability to convert data into meaningful numbers and a narrative that can easily be understood by a wide range of people, highly data-driven.
- Vendor management and negotiation.
- Budget planning and reconciliation.
- Significant CRM experience (ideally HubSpot).
- Significant marketing automation experience (ideally HubSpot).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- A strong sense of ethics.
- Open to giving and receiving timely open, honest feedback back in a timely manner.
- Strong desire to learn and test new ways of working
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- Experience of working with (ideally leading teams in) Agile working for marketing.
- MSc, or higher degree.
- Marketing qualification.
- Experience in the scientific instrumentation industry.
- Hands-on execution of appropriate marketing activities.
- H.E.L business strategy.
- All H.E.L systems, with a focus on CRM, marketing automation, website, webinar, and other marketing platforms.
- Appropriate product and applications training.
- Health and Safety training as appropriate.
- Role-specific and career development training as identified.
You can download the full position description here
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, and upload your CV and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)