We are looking for someone to continue our sales expansion of the U.S. business, with a Sales Account Manager to cover the US West Coast. The key objective of the role is to increase sales in a defined set of process chemistry tools and build the H.E.L brand by taking advantage of the company’s technical strengths and established blue-chip customer base.
The ideal candidate will have a strong, demonstrable track record in the sales of scientific instruments. Candidates who do not have sales experience but have a strong relevant scientific background and aptitude for a commercial role will be considered.
H.E.L Group, is a multinational company headquartered in London, England whose primary business is the sale of highly technical instruments used in research by Pharmaceutical and Chemical companies. The U.S. office is responsible for the sales and technical service/support to our clients in the Americas and is located in Lawrenceville, New Jersey.
- Within a geographic area responsible for selling product(s), services, parts, solutions, or projects.
- Contributes to sales plan in a specific region.
- Defines sales strategy for targeted clients.
- Products and systems requiring technical knowledge.
- Accurately forecast and achieve sales objectives.
- Prepares and delivers proposals and presentations.
- Actively participates in key capital equipment deals, strategy, execution, and building customer relationships.
- Conduct basic customer demonstrations.
- Update and expand the company CRM system.
- Ability to collaborate with service and applications personnel to ensure efficient service to clients.
- Build personal credibility and manage customer networks and relationships at all levels.
- Ensures timely communications with the customer at all stages.
- Ensures all relevant processes and procedures are followed throughout the task and documentation has been completed in line with our quality and continuous improvement system.
- Communicates with the team, stakeholders, and decision-makers at all levels if there are any issues.
- Weekly meetings with line manager to update issues and actions taken to resolve them.
- The ability to travel regularly up to 80% of the time.
Experience and Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related fields.
- Demonstrated knowledge of selling to industrial, R&D chemical sector is desirable but individuals with strong scientific and chemical engineering backgrounds with 3+ years of commercial experience will be considered.
- Working knowledge of chemical processes deployed in pharmaceutical and fine chemical R&D is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills; capital equipment sales experience desirable.
- Must be a good listener; able to understand customer processes.
- Strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively work under short timelines.
- Fluency in written & spoken English.
- A self-starter who is focused, reliable, flexible, and well-organized.
- Ability to grasp scientific terms and concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in building long term relationships with clients.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility in work hours.
- Ability to travel extensively within U.S. and Canada.
- Up to one-month initial training on the H.E.L product portfolio.
- Training on company business information systems applicable for the role.
- Health & Safety Training, as required.
- On the job training.
The nature of the role and support required means that the individual ideally lives within convenient commuting distance of the assigned territory. This position includes a competitive salary, full health benefits, 401(k), 18 days paid vacation (+2 personal days), and a commission package.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, upload your CV and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)