H.E.L Group is a multinational company headquartered in London, England whose primary business is the sale of highly technical instruments used in research by Pharmaceutical and Chemical companies. Our European business is also supported from the head office.
This role joins H.E.L in India at an exciting time. After recently moving to a direct sales model in India, we’re looking for strong self-starters who are keen to build something extraordinary as part of an incredible team.
To support our growth and delight our customers, this role will deliver sales development, manage existing customers/users’ life cycle, and ensure new customer acquisition. The role will also ensure that all our products get placed with our customers and assist them in mission-critical projects, with a positive impact on the world’s safety, sustainability, and health.
The ideal candidate will have a successful and demonstratable track record in selling capital scientific instruments with a proven ability to be self-motivated and deliver results.
- Develop, coordinate and implement targeted sales, marketing, and field activities in the territory to actively drive the business forward to exceed the budget objectives.
- Produce accurate monthly and quarterly forecasts over a rolling 12-moth time horizon.
- Actively develop, organize and run demonstrations, seminars, mini-exhibitions, and similar “on-site” activities at key accounts, technology symposia, and congresses in the assigned territory.
- Actively follow up inquiries from customers for further information on how H.L’s products can help their research.
- Effective use of consultative sales and marketing techniques actively convert leads to prospects through purchases of H.L’s products.
- Ensure accurate qualification of the decision-makers and what the purchase processes are for each potential system sale to close sales opportunities effectively.
- Gather customer and technical information to target marketing activities and product pricing effectively.
- Track, record, and document relevant information from all technical and sales inquiries from the customer relationship management database to ensure effective follow-up of customers, pre- and post-sales.
- Maintain accurate information in the company CRM, aligned with the H.E.L sales processes.
- Follow up installations of the company’s products in customers’ labs to ensure a high level of satisfaction.
- Monitor the competition and report important activities (products & technical developments, trends in the market, seminars, training sessions, etc.)
- Actively participate in the development of the company sales and marketing plan.
- Ensure the customization of the company’s marketing activities to be effective in the territory.
- Efficiently plan and manage an expense cost budget.
- Learn and implement new marketing & sales methods of qualifying scientists’ situations, identifying their problems, uncovering their needs, and suggesting effective working solutions based on H.E.L products.
- Receive relevant technical training and provide technical and commercial information on new products and related applications to clients.
- Work together with other H.E.L personnel to ensure high quality, effective technical support to customers and prospective customers in the territory through thorough knowledge of H.L’s products and effective communications of applications related to these products.
- Travel in India and South Asia up to 70% of the time. Depending on business requirements, travel outside of India might be required.
Minimum Education and Experience
- College Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline and 5+ years of experience within sales of capital life sciences equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of selling to industrial, R&D chemical sector is desirable. Exceptional candidates with lower experience can be considered.
- Technical competency to understand and clearly discuss relevant applications, stay current in technical knowledge, and consult with customers in a helpful, courteous, positive, and professional manner to provide best-in-class solutions.
- Proven experience in using a CRM to drive business success – ideally HubSpot.
- Proven ability of effective written and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate and project themselves.
- Strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at one time.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) and the internet.
- Has an approachable manner that encourages interaction with others.
- Highly driven with a strong motivation to succeed.
- Fluency in written & Spoken English, Mother tongue and additional Indian languages.
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- A self-starter who is focused, reliable, flexible, and well-organized.
- Experience in transnational companies and knowledgeable about various guiding principles.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Well organized, able to devise and manage systems for handling customers/accounts at all levels, including senior-level management.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and accommodate unexpected work changes.
- Ability to work effectively in a meritocratic global organization.
- Sensitivity towards diversity and culture.
You can download the full position description here
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, uploading your resume and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)