About H.E.L and this role
Our mission at H.E.L Group is to make a healthier, sustainable, safer world for everyone. We equip scientists with the right tools and knowledge to develop safe, efficient new processes and molecules that benefit the world and its population.
Our core values are:
Being insightful through experience,
Being collaborative by design,
Being tenacious in spirit,
Being proud of progress.
We operate globally with offices in London, UK (HQ), Princeton, USA, Beijing, China, and Singapore, as well as field-based staff across our direct regions, and trusted partners in distribution territories.
The Director of Sales will lead, plan and direct H.E.L’s operations in the Europe territory, in line with company objectives. They will be responsible for driving sales and profitable growth in the territory.
Their key areas of responsibility will be:
Setting, and delivering on, the strategic development plan for the European commercial organisation
Meeting and exceeding the orders budget.
Ensuring excellent customer support and service provision in the region, through effective collaboration with the Global Director of Service
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, inspirational commercial leader with a proven track record of hitting targets. They are expected to be a strong coach to help the team develop and have a willingness to work ‘at the sharp end’ when the need arises. While alignment to global strategy and processes is expected in this role, there is a wide latitude for the Director of Sales to develop the commercial strategy in Europe. They will also play an important role in developing the wider company strategy in respect to product strategy and commercial processes.
Responsibilities of the role
- Reliably deliver the region’s sales order targets for equipment and After-Sales on a quarter-by-quarter basis.
- Build up an outstanding commercial team that operates throughout the territory.
- Maintain accurate, regularly updated information in the company’s systems, especially in the CRM system.
- Throughout Europe, ensure successful execution of H.E.L’s commercial strategy to achieve orders, sales, and cash collection targets and expand H.E.L’s customer base.
- Collaborate with the global service team to meet the customer’s expectations and strong NPS scores for company performance.
- Train, teach, coach and develop the staff, performing appraisals, managing absenteeism, recruiting new employees, etc.
- Development and implementation of an effective sales & marketing strategy, creating a regional sales plan with clear Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure compliance with key company processes.
- Develop and implement one-year and three-year strategies, aligned to the H.E.L strategic sales plan – delivering a stable, growing opportunity pipeline, in order to achieve sales targets and expand H.E.L’s customer business.
- Working with finance to ensure the working capital of the business is optimised, including customer credit checks, ensuring timely cash collection, and other appropriate actions.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships with KOLs.
- Provide market trends for revenue growth and market assumptions for budget discussions with colleagues including the senior management team.
- Identify emerging markets, or sectors which provide new opportunities for H.E.L and propose methods to address them.
- Work with Marketing to monitor and feedback market dynamics for product sales including understanding existing purchasing behaviours, identifying emerging applications, funding sources and trends.
- Work with Marketing to monitor and feedback competitor information, develop a competitive intelligence database and provide input to corporate and regional strategy development.
- Together with the Marketing department engage key influencers and opinion leaders to support value propositions in target market segments
- Accountable for undertaking positive leadership, using people management tools to provide coaching and personal development to direct reports in support of the business and the individuals career development.
- Provide global customer input into product specifications for future product development and improvement. Participate in pricing strategy discussions and recommendations.
- Collaborate with marketing, service and support, distributors/ commissioned agents, and users to deliver customer proof statements, white papers, publications and citations, scientific posters, and establish customer testimonials as needed to strengthen messaging in target markets.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Proven ability to lead, manage and influence a broad spectrum of colleagues with divergent interests, with at least 3 years’ experience in managing a commercial team.
- Extensive success in delivering order growth, primarily through new customer acquisition.
- Sc. in chemistry, chemical engineering, or biotechnology or similar scientific discipline is required. An MSc. or PhD qualification would be an asset.
- Proven success in Sales and Sales Management, proven by documented growth of business top-line and profitability.
- Numbers oriented individual with proven well-developed business sense.
- Extensive business and market knowledge, with previous relevant business management experience.
- Keen interest and documented experience in driving, participating and leading a company-wide change procedure.
- Proven ability to assume accountability for, and deliver on, major projects.
- Expert negotiator.
- Able to travel on a regular basis.
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- The ability to create enthusiasm and drive within the organization, channel partners, and with customers.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong business sense and ability to forecast major shifts in the marketplace you work in.
- Mentoring and coaching skills to facilitate success for the entire European team.
- An active network of peers and colleagues in the industry you work in
- Initial training on the H.E.L product line
- Training on H.E.L Defined Sales Process
- Training on CRM and ERP software systems
- Health & Safety Training, as required
- On the job training
You can download the full position description here
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, uploading your resume and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)