Account Manager, Bioprocess Sales, U.K. and Northern Europe
H.E.L Group is a multinational company headquartered in London, England whose primary business is the sale of highly technical instruments used in research by Pharmaceutical and Chemical companies.
We are looking for someone to continue the growth of our innovative bioprocess portfolio in Europe. The nature of the role and support required means that the individual ideally is free to travel throughout the territory in the UK and Northern Europe. This position follows on from significant investments made in the product area and the overall global commercial team over the past 12-18 months. To read more about the recent growth and expansion of the group, see the articles in our newsroom.
The ideal candidate will have a strong, demonstrable track record in selling scientific instruments, with a proven ability to be self-motivated and deliver results.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement targeted sales, marketing, and field activities in the territory to actively drive the business forward to exceed the budget objectives.
- Actively develop, organize, and run demonstrations, seminars, mini-exhibitions, and similar “on-site” activities at key accounts, technology symposia, and congresses in the territories.
- Actively follow up inquiries from customers for further information on how H.E.L’s products can help them in their research.
- Through effective consultative sales & marketing techniques, actively convert leads to prospects through to purchases of H.E.L’s products.
- Ensure accurate qualification of the decision-makers and what the purchase processes are for each potential system sale to close sales opportunities effectively.
- Gather customer and technical information to aid the effective targeting of marketing activities and product pricing.
- Track, record, and document relevant information from all technical and sales inquiries from customers and prospective customers into the Customer database to ensure effective follow up of customers pre & post-sale.
- Responsible for the quality of the information in the customer databases for the territory.
- Follow up installations of products in customers’ labs to ensure a high level of satisfaction.
- Monitor the competition and reporting important activities (products & technical developments, trends in the market, seminars, training sessions, etc.).
- Actively participate in the development of the sales and marketing plan.
- Ensure the customization of marketing activities to be effective in the territory.
- Efficiently plan and manage an expense cost budget.
- Learn and implement new marketing & sales methods of qualifying scientists’ situations, identifying their problems, uncovering their needs, and suggesting effective working solutions based on H.E.L. products.
- Receive relevant technical training and provide technical and commercial information on new products and related applications to clients
- Work together with other H.E.L. personnel to ensure high quality, effective technical support to customers and prospective customers in the territory through thorough knowledge of H.E.L.s products and effective communication of these products’ applications.
- Travel in the U.K. & Northern Europe up to 80% of the time.
- Participate in relevant training courses
- Positively contribute to the successful development of the European sales team.
- Provide regular activity plans.
- Provide regular reports on customer calls and sales activities.
- Contribute to the effectiveness and positive team spirit of the sales & marketing team and the company.
- Cooperate and effectively work with other staff to achieve sales and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as required.
Minimum Education and Experience
- degree in Biotechnology or related discipline.
- Knowledge of bioreactors/fermentation equipment or related bioprocess equipment as used in R&D Laboratories
- Technical competency to understand and clearly discuss relevant applications, to stay current in technical knowledge; to consult with customers in a helpful, courteous, positive, and professional manner to provide best in class solutions
- Minimum of 2 years of sales experience.
- Proven ability of effective written and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate and project themselves.
- Previous experience in giving oral presentations.
- Strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at one time.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) email and use of the Internet.
- Has an approachable manner that encourages interaction with others.
- Highly driven with a strong motivation to succeed.
- Clean Driving Licence valid in U.K. & Eire
- Fluency in written & spoken English
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- Well organized, able to devise and manage systems for handling customers/ accounts at all levels, including senior management.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and accommodate unexpected work changes.
- Ability to work effectively both interdepartmentally and internationally
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, uploading your resume and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)