Field Applications Scientist, Europe
With a growing customer base in Europe, we are looking for a commercially-minded scientist to support our business and our customers. Working closely with customers, commercial colleagues, and office-based staff, this role plays a significant role in supporting short-term commercial success and longer-term strategic initiatives. H.E.L Group is committed to supporting diversity in it’s team, and helping our people be all they can be.
This role is key in delivering world-class application support to our increasing customer base, both pre- and post-sales. Working across a wide range of disciplines, this role will support sales opportunities at the technical level, troubleshoot customer applications and build strong relationships with key customers. Based ideally in the UK, this position will typically travel a significant portion of the time, including conference/seminar/workshop attendance and direct customer support
- Be the technical lead for sales projects, supporting account management colleagues to win sales, including demonstrations and evaluations.
- Support customers with application queries, being the lead internal coordinator to achieve successful outcomes.
- Develop and conduct training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrate skills to trainees, including both team members and customers
- Develop customer relationships and identify and translate customer needs into workable solutions that drive business success and revenue growth.
- Build relationships with existing customers and Key Opinion Leaders in the region to support commercial activities and gain market insight.
- Provide technical and application-based support to the sales and marketing teams.
- Generate and deliver technical training, both internally and externally, e.g. seminars, lunch & learns, conferences etc.
- Use customer feedback and general awareness to identify new opportunities and unmet needs in relation to new product proposals and product modifications – feeding this information back to the product management team.
- Develop new application notes/publications/webinars/training courses by collaborating with customers and the central marketing team.
- Maintain CRM customer database of contacts, organizations, instruments, and contracts.
- Assist in final testing of new products when necessary
Minimum Education and Experience
- Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and 1+ years of experience within chemical/chemical engineering R&D fields.
- Ability to build technical relationships and run collaborations with industry-leading scientists.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience listening to and discussing technical applications with customers to develop desirable outcomes.
- A collaborative work approach that is focused on helping customers and delivering results.
- Practical experience in chemical assay development with an understanding of key performance requirements. Knowledge of chemical workflows across multiple platforms within the laboratory and process scale-up stages necessary.
- Ability to travel extensively within Europe, including overnight and/or weekend, stays, if necessary. – typically, this will be up to 50-60% of the time.
- Experience developing protocols for mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic scientific equipment.
- Experience with Web applications as well as Microsoft suite of products.
- Must have and maintain a valid, clean Driver’s License.
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- A self-starter who is focused, reliable, flexible, and well-organized.
- Working knowledge of chemical processes deployed in pharmaceutical and fine chemical R&D is preferred.
- Experience in building long-term relationships with clients.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility in work hours.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, upload your CV and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)