Field Service Engineer, Europe (Benelux)
We’re looking for a world-class service engineer to support our growing customer base in continental Europe, with a focus on northern Europe and Scandinavia.
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) will be responsible for installing, commissioning, maintenance, and servicing H.E.L’s range of instrumentation and equipment. This field service engineer position will primarily support H.E.L clients in Northern Europe but may require travel to other European countries as required by the Company.
The FSE will plan, coordinate, and implement activities concerned with installing and servicing H.E.L’s range of instruments and equipment, investigate and resolve customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminate future operational or service difficulties. This is achieved by performing the following duties:
- Install new or modified equipment at customer’s facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications
- Conduct customer user training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrate all key skills to trainees, including some data analysis where required
- Perform on-site maintenance, service, upgrade, and repair of existing instruments. Provide on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Respond to customer support inquiries received via HEL helpdesk. Review performance reports and documentation from customers and inspect malfunctioning or damaged products to determine the nature and scope of the problem
- Maintain records of performance reports. Responsible for managing cases to achieve set KPIs and customer expectations. Maintain CRM customer database of contacts, organizations, instruments, and contracts
- Establish & communicate to their direct line manager their daily schedule and visit reports
- It is expected that the role will require travel 60% – 70% of the time.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Graduate with a first professional degree in engineering branches such as electromechanical, electrical, mechanical, or chemical with 3 to 5 years of experience as a Service Engineer
- Very skilled in Electronics, Informatics, and Mechanics with basic chemistry knowledge
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
- Experience in using systems used to support a field-based service transaction
- Expected to be customer-oriented, have good communication skills, and collaborate with many different individuals from different cultures.
- Full driving license
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to relay the problem and solution to customers, management, and other stakeholders
- Must be able to work without any direct supervision as Service engineers work routinely outside of the company premises
- Ensuring that deadlines are met
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and accommodate unexpected work changes
- Ability to work effectively both interdepartmentally and internationally
- Knowledge of other languages would be helpful
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, upload your CV and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)