H.E.L Group is a multinational company headquartered in London, U.K., whose primary business is the sale of highly technical instruments used in research by pharmaceutical and chemical companies.
The Project Engineer oversees equipment manufacture fulfillment, from sales order confirmation through to despatch and installation, while providing technical expertise to the production group and end-users across H.E.L Group’s global customer base. The project engineer is responsible for the accurate, on-time, and profitable fulfillment of both engineered to order product lines and configured, repeatable product offerings.
In order to deliver high-quality products to our customers and support internal stakeholders, the key responsibilities of this role include:
- Reviewing quotation documents to create a manufacturing work package for the build, including schematics, bill of materials, operations routing, specification statement, and IQ/OQ testing plan in advance of production.
- Ensuring all aspects of the build plan meet specifications listed in the quotation documents through cross-functional contract review meetings.
- Evaluating contractual pre-requisites with internal stakeholders to mitigate transit and delivery time, penalty clauses, and other contractual elements, ensuring on-time receipt to the customer.
- Initial engagement with the customer to provide a milestone timeline, overview of specification, and delivery schedule.
- Consultation with team managers to ensure the release of skilled resources to support timely manufacture, including software construction, development of bespoke materials, electronics engineers, and production technicians.
- Escalating potential supply constraints to the purchasing group.
- Timely engineering change requests to the development team to generate new iterations of assemblies, work packages, and engineering drawings.
- Routine tracking of project milestones during all phases of the project lifecycle and reporting on progress to the line manager, escalating any risks to timely fulfillment.
- Timely maintenance and updating of all related production document management repositories.
- Routine customer engagement, providing meaningful and appropriate updates on project progress to meet H.E.L service excellence expectations.
- Responsible for adherence to all pre-determined quality plans, ensuring that the manufactured equipment has demonstrated repeatability, reliability, and reproducibility before despatch.
- Ensuring accurate training content is provided before despatch, both for the end-users and for the assigned installation resource installation, using existing written collateral, live virtual demonstrations, and pre-recorded visual content.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a Chemistry or Chemical Engineering discipline.
- Understanding of electronics and/or systems engineering an advantage.
- Fully conversant with analytical methods, measurement, and evaluation of results.
- Computer literate with intermediate skills in MS Office applications such as Excel, Outlook, MS Visio, and MS Teams.
- Experience of ERP systems, preferably SAP Business One
- Clean Driving Licence
- Overseas travel may be required, valid passport essential.
- Fluency in written & spoken English
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- Methodical, organized, and systematic in approach to tasks.
- Able to oversee a program of events and plan accordingly while ensuring timebound milestones are met.
- Critical thinker, with the ability to adapt and progress when presented with unforeseen change.
- Confident, personable, and assertive in customer-facing settings and interactions with global H.E.L staff, peers, and functional heads.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, upload your resume and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)