Project Engineer (Multiple Roles)
We have multiple positions open for Project Engineers. The Project Engineer role oversees the fulfilment of equipment manufacture, from sales order confirmation through to despatch and installation, whilst providing technical expertise to the production group and end users across H.E.L Groups’ global customer base. The project engineer is responsible for the accurate, on-time, and profitable fulfillment of both engineered-to-order product lines and configured, repeatable product offerings.
- Reviewing quotation documents to create a manufacturing work package for the build, including schematics, bill of materials, operations routing, specification statement and system testing plan in advance of production.
- Ensuring all aspects of the build plan meet specification requirements listed in the quotation documents, by means of cross-functional contract review meetings.
- Evaluating contractual pre-requisites with internal stakeholders in order to mitigate transit and delivery time, penalty clauses and other contractual elements, ensuring on-time receipt to the customer.
- Initial engagement with the customer to provide a milestone timeline, overview of specification and delivery schedule.
- Consultation with team managers to ensure the release of skilled resource to support the timely manufacture of the build, including software construction, development of bespoke materials, electronics engineers, and production technicians.
- Escalating potential supply constraints to the purchasing group.
- Timely engineering change requests to the development team in order to generate new iterations of assemblies, work packages and engineering drawings.
- Routine tracking of project milestones during all phases of the project lifecycle and reporting on progress to the line manager, escalating any risks to timely fulfilment.
- Timely maintenance and updating of all related production document management repositories.
- Routine customer engagement, providing meaningful and appropriate updates on project progress to meet H.E.L service excellence expectations.
- Responsible for adherence to all pre-determined quality plans, ensuring that the manufactured equipment has demonstrated repeatability, reliability and reproducibility prior to despatch.
- Ensuring accurate training content is provided prior to despatch, both for the end users and for the assigned installation resource installation, by means of existing written collateral, live virtual demonstrations and pre-recorded visual content.
- Conducting peer reviews on other manufactured systems
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of processes, products and materials by means of
- Change requests
- Quality improvement initiaitives
- Implementing lean manufacturing principles.
- Occasional support for installation at UK customer sites and mainland Europe
- Supporting the ongoing training of staff in specialized product lines to deliver a “three-deep” skill capability across all H.E.L product SKUs
Minimum Education and Experience
- Batchelors degree or equivalent in a Chemistry or Chemical Engineering discipline.
- Understanding of electronics and/or systems engineering an advantage.
- Fully conversant with analytical methods, measurement and evaluation of results.
- Computer literate with intermediate skill in MS Office applications such as Excel, Outlook, MS Visio, and MS Teams.
- Experience of ERP systems, preferably SAP Business One
- Clean Driving Licence
- Overseas travel may be required, a valid passport is essential.
- Fluency in written & spoken English
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- Methodical, organized, and systematic in approach to tasks
- Able to oversee a program of events and plan accordingly while ensuring timebound milestones are met.
- Critical thinker, with the ability to adapt and progress when presented with unforeseen change
- Confident, personable, and assertive in customer-facing settings and interactions with Global H.E.L staff, peers, and functional heads.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, upload your CV and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)