ReactJS Front-End Developer
It is an exciting time for software engineering at H.E.L Group. We are going through a digital transformation – upgrading our software to use the latest tools and refreshing our engineering processes. This new role will be a key part of this transformation journey, ensuring that we continue to provide excellent products to our customers, provide future resilience, and to grow our business and product offering.
H.E.L’s outstanding software is at the core of our products. Our digital transformation is the first step in producing a wide range of digital products for laboratories that extends far beyond our current offering.
This is a brand-new role at H.E.L Group and will give you the opportunity to help shape a new engineering team and be a pivotal member of a growing business. It will allow you to work with the latest tools and libraries, as well as creating new software offerings from scratch. This is a unique opportunity to expand your knowledge and learn new skills across our full technology stack.
You will find interesting challenges every day and will be provided with excellent opportunities to extend your skillset. The technical challenges of creating control systems and user interfaces for real-time and safety-critical systems are demanding, and hugely rewarding. You will have direct contact with your customers and will be working alongside a dedicated and passionate team creating cutting-edge software.
You will be our front-end specialist – our go to person for developing and improving the latest tools for our customers, and internal team. However, being in a small team, you will also be expected to work on our entire software offering. You will be developing real-time control systems in C#, upgrading, and improving the API’s for hardware control, and may even be developing firmware for our hardware.
H.E.L has been working with an excellent external software agency who have kick started the digital transformation process. You will be the first of a new wave of software engineers joining our business and will be working with the CTO of the external agency as we transition knowledge to inside the business.
We are in the process of defining our dev ops. processes, using the most current toolset, and you will be a key part in defining and improving this with us. You will be expected to produce high quality, well tested code, and to follow excellent coding practices. As well as keeping up to date with the latest technology developments and helping the company to stay ahead of the game.
Our tech stack
- Electron / React JS (Typescript) desktop applications
- C# real-time control server with a GRPC API
- PostgreSQL database for data storage
- ReactiveX for asynchronous and concurrent event handling in front, and back-end
- Legacy hardware interfaces and configuration software written in Delphi
- Our front-end specialist – developing and improving the latest tools for our customers, and internal team.
- Being an expert in the capabilities of the software H.E.L produce and providing guidance and design input on future capabilities and features.
- Producing high quality, well documented, and well tested code that is maintainable and that will have a long life-span.
- Following and championing excellent coding practices.
- Be part of the process of defining our dev-ops processes, using the most current toolset, being a key player in defining and improving these processes.
- Ensure all relevant processes and procedures are followed throughout and documentation has been completed in line with our quality and continuous improvement system.
- Sharing knowledge with other members of the team.
- Producing code across our entire technology stack.
- Providing assistance in improving QA procedures.
- Support software in the hands of our customers – including site visits where necessary.
- Keep up to date with the latest technology developments and helping the company to stay ahead of the game.
Minimum Education and Experience
- A 1st class degree in Computational science, or a related field.
- At least two years of full-time experience developing application using React and Typescript.
- An expert programmer in at least one other general purpose coding language.
- A good working knowledge of functional programming in JS.
- Experience in creating robust and maintainable code, including creating and maintaining unit tests for front-end applications.
- Proficient in Git version control and CI/CD tools.
- A keen eye for detail in all aspects of your coding.
- A passion for all things coding and in creating high-quality products.
- High motivation to always be learning and developing new skills, and a proven track record in being able to adopt new skills quickly.
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- Ability to communicate with the team, stakeholders, and decision makers
- Ensuring that deadlines are met
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and accommodate unexpected work changes.
- Ability to work effectively both interdepartmentally and internationally
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, upload your CV and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)