Sales Account Manager, Germany.
H.E.L Group is a multinational company headquartered in London, England whose primary business is the sale of highly technical instruments used in research by Pharmaceutical and Chemical companies. Our European business is also supported from the head office.
This role will be building on our existing sales growth in Germany, for H.E.L’s entire portfolio of products. The role is part of a team that helps to deliver H.E.L’s global strategic growth plan. To support this growth plan, significant investments have been made across all key areas of the business over the past 18 months, with a specific focus on driving commercial effectiveness. This is an exciting opportunity to join a globally expanding team, with the career progression opportunities that this provides. To read more about the recent growth and expansion of the group, see the articles in our newsroom.
The ideal candidate will have a strong, demonstrable track record in selling scientific instruments, with a proven ability to be self-motivated and deliver results.
- Develop, coordinate and implement targeted sales, marketing, and field activities in the territory to actively drive the business forward to exceed the budget objectives.
- Produce accurate monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- Actively, develop, organize and run demonstrations, seminars, mini-exhibitions, and similar “on-site” activities at key accounts, technology symposia, and congresses in the assigned territory.
- Actively follow up inquiries from customers for further information on how H.E.L’s products can help them in their research.
- Through the effective use of consultative sales & marketing techniques, actively convert leads to prospects through to purchases of H.E.Ls products.
- Ensure accurate qualification of the decision-makers and what the purchase processes are for each potential system sale, to be used in effectively closing sales opportunities.
- Gather customer and technical information to aid the effective targeting of marketing activities and product pricing.
- Track, record, and document relevant information from all technical and sales inquiries from customers and prospective customers into the Company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database to ensure effective follow-up of customers, pre & post sale.
- Responsible for the quality of the information in the CRM for the territory.
- Follow-up installations of products in customers’ labs to ensure a high level of satisfaction.
- Monitor the competition and report important activities (products & technical developments, trends in the market, seminars, training sessions, etc).
- Actively participate in the development of the Company sales and marketing plan.
- Ensure the customization of the marketing activities to be effective in the territory.
- Efficiently plan and manage an expense cost budget.
- Learn and implement new marketing & sales methods of qualifying scientists’ situations, identifying their problems, uncovering their needs, and suggesting effective working solutions based on H.E.L products.
- Receive relevant technical training and provide technical and commercial information on new products and related applications to clients.
- Work together with other H.E.L personnel to ensure high quality, effective technical support to customers and prospective customers in the territory through thorough knowledge of H.E.Ls products and effective communication of applications related to these products.
- Travel in Germany up to 70% of the time. Depending on business requirements there may be some need to travel within the rest of Europe.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Degree level education in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of selling to industrial, R&D chemical sector is desirable but individuals with strong scientific and chemical engineering backgrounds with 3+ years of commercial experience will be considered.
- Technical competency to understand and clearly discuss relevant applications, to stay current in technical knowledge; to consult with customers in a helpful, courteous, positive and professional manner in order to provide best in class solutions.
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience.
- Proven ability of effective written and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate and project themselves.
- Strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at one time.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) email and use of the Internet.
- Has an approachable manner that encourages interaction with others.
- Highly driven with a strong motivation to succeed.
- Clean Driving Licence.
- Fluency in written & spoken German and English.
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- Well organized, able to devise and manage systems for handling. customers/ accounts at all levels including senior-level management.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and accommodate unexpected work changes.
- Ability to work effectively both interdepartmentally and internationally.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, uploading your resume and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)