Field Service Engineer, Europe (UK).
Our mission at H.E.L Group is to make a healthier, sustainable, safer world for everyone. We equip scientists with the right tools and knowledge to develop safe, efficient new processes and molecules that benefit the world and its population. We operate globally with offices in London, UK (HQ), Princeton, USA, Beijing, China, and Singapore, as well as field-based staff across our direct regions, and trusted partners in distribution territories.
This role is key in delivering world-class customer support to an increasing customer base. The Field Service Engineer (FSE) will be responsible for the installation, commissioning, maintenance and servicing of H.E.L’s range of instrumentation and equipment. Service engineers work routinely both outside of the company premises at H.E.L’s customer’s facility and at H.E.L’s Borehamwood HQ. They will plan, coordinate and implement activities concerned with installing and servicing H.E.L’s range of instruments and equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties.
- Install new or modified equipment at customer’s facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications
- Conduct customer user training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrate all key skills to trainees including some data analysis where required
- Perform on-site maintenance, service, upgrade, and repair of existing instruments. Provide on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Perform factory-based maintenance, service, upgrade, and repair of existing instruments that have been returned to base.
- Respond to customer support inquiries received via HEL helpdesk. Review performance reports and documentation from customers, and inspect malfunctioning or damaged products to determine the nature and scope of the problem
- Maintain records of performance reports. Responsible for managing cases in order to achieve set KPIs and customer expectations. Maintain CRM customer database of contacts, organizations, instruments, and contracts
- Establish & communicate to thier direct line manager their daily agenda and visit reports
Minimum Education and Experience
- Graduate, with a first professional degree in engineering branches such as electromechanical, electrical, mechanical, or chemical with three to five years of experience as a Service Engineer
- Very skilled in Electronics, Informatics, and Mechanics with basic chemistry knowledge
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
- Experience in using systems used to support a field-based service transaction
- Expected to be “customer-oriented”, have good communication skills, and ability to collaborate with many different individuals from different cultures.
- Full driving license
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in order to relay the problem and solution to customers, management and other stakeholders
- Must be able to work without any direct supervision as Service engineers work routinely outside of the company premises
- Ensuring that deadlines are met
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and accommodate unexpected work changes
- Ability to work effectively both interdepartmentally and internationally
- Knowledge of other languages would be helpful
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, uploading your resume and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)