Responsibilities of the role
Plan and coordinate activities concerned with installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties:
- Install new or modified equipment at the customer’s facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications
- Perform maintenance, service, upgrade and repair of existing instruments. Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Respond to customer support enquiries received via H.E.L helpdesk. Review performance reports and documentation from customers, and inspect malfunctioning or damaged product to determine the nature and scope of the problem
- Analyze inspection findings, to determine the source of the problem, and perform repair, replacement, or other corrective actions
- Liaise with Supply chain team/Production departments to progress requests of stock required for completion of duties
- Maintain records of performance reports. Responsible for managing cases in order to achieve set KPIs and customer expectations. Maintain CRM customer database of contacts, organizations, instruments and contracts
- Analyze reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommend modifications to eliminate future problems
- Develop and conduct training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrate skills to trainees, including both team members and customers
- Handle customer problems that appear to arise from the misuse of the product
- Plan and schedule levels of support work according to product release schedules
- Assist in final testing of new products when necessary
- The development and implementation, after approval, of warranty and service policies in cooperation with Service Product Manager
- Establish & communicate to his/her direct line manager their daily agenda and visit reports
- Adhere, comply to SOP (standard operating procedures) and WI (working instruction)
Minimum Education and Experience
- With excellent communication skills in local language and to native English level. Proficiency in other languages an advantage
- Post high school graduate with first professional degree in engineering branches such as chemical, mechanical or electrical with 3 to 5 years of experience as a Service Engineer
- Very skilled in Electronics, Informatics and Mechanics with basic chemistry knowledge
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
- Experience in using systems used to support a field-based service transaction
- Expected to be “customer oriented”, have good communication skills and ability to collaborate with many different individuals from different cultures.
- Full driving license
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- Ability to communicate with the team, stakeholders, and decision-makers
- Ensuring that deadlines are met
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and accommodate unexpected work changes.
- Ability to work effectively both interdepartmentally and internationally
- Knowledge of other languages would be helpful
- Up to one-month initial training on the H.E.L products
- Project Management Training
- Training on company business information systems applicable to the role
- Health & Safety Training, as required
- On the job training
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, upload your CV and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)