Heat flow reaction Calorimetry enables:
Chemical Process Profiling
- Indication of when the reaction is complete
- Deviations in kinetics or reaction mechanism
- Comparison of different synthetic routes or process changes
- Indicate if the process is kinetic or dosing rate controlled
- Cooling duty needed when the process is scaled up
- Rise in temperature/pressure if the heat is not removed
Calorimetry for R&D chemists
Heat Flow calorimetry is fundamental to H.E.L’s controlling software. It is based on H.E.L’s decades of experience in safety and calorimetry. This has then been enhanced with procedures that enable reliable heat flow rate data to be obtained without offline calculations. This obviously saves time but also enables access to the thermal data of a reaction at an early stage of process development.
A combination of hardware probes and online calculation characterizes the reactor being used. This information is saved for subsequent use in an easy to access the database. Heat flow and enthalpy data can then easily be displayed at the end of each experiment.
The key features are the following:
- Calculations are done automatically for the end-user, online
- No additional experimental time is required
- Data can then be saved and recorded for future use