The Mechanical Technician performs daily assembly tasks on behalf of the Production Team, ensuring tasks are completed by safe, timely, and cost-efficient methods, thus meeting company objectives for zero safety incidents, tangible reduction in internal non-conformances, on-time delivery, and fulfillment of expected revenue forecasting. Additionally, all work completed must be of a standard that meets external certification requirements.
The Mechanical Technician is also responsible for ensuring that capital equipment and relevant work areas are maintained in a safe and operable condition, escalating potential risks to other employees in a timely manner.
Responsibilities of the role
- Perform Mechanical biased elements in the assembly of H.E.L. products according to work instructions and general assembly documentation
- Frequent liaison with Project Engineers and the Design team to determine structural elements of H.E.L. equipment to guarantee safe assembly, testing, and operation of saleable products.
- Performs calibration of pressure fittings to meet safety and quality standards
- Routine stock management of preventative maintenance spares for workshop capital equipment
- Performs weekly safety checks on workshop equipment
- Maintains workspaces in a safe, organized condition.
- Performs hydrostatic checks on pressure vessels and documents results in accordance with internal and external procedures
- Contributes to H.E.L. Continuous Improvement by means of submitting change requests, Safety improvement opportunities, and quality improvement actions
- Inputs into departmental measures and KPIs
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of processes, products, and materials by means of
- Change requests
- Leading Quality Improvement initiatives
- Implementing Lean Manufacturing principles
- Building a standardized knowledge management repository with enhanced Standard Operating Procedures
- Providing a technical escalation point for global service and technical support to ensure customers are provided with world-class service.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a mechanically-biased role, with demonstrated exposure to fabrication processes such as cutting, drilling, abrasing, finishing, milling, and other machining.
- Technical qualification in a mechanical engineering discipline, either vocational or academic.
- Experience of assembling pressure fittings and joins, tubing manipulation, and extrusion use.
- Manually dexterous, able to use tools appropriately to assemble products such as manifolds for fluid and gas flow.
- Computer literate with skills in MS Office Applications such as Excel, Outlook, MS Visio, and MS Teams.
- Overseas travel may be required, a valid passport is essential.
- Fluency in written & spoken English
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- Methodical, organized and systematic in approach to tasks
- Able to oversee a programme of events and plan accordingly, whilst ensuring timebound milestones are met.
- Experience of ERP systems, preferably SAP Business One
- Critical Thinker and problem solver, with the ability to adapt and progress when presented with unforeseen change
- Understanding of electronics and/or systems engineering an advantage.
- Confident, personable, and assertive in customer-facing settings and interactions with Global H.E.L. Staff, peers, and functional heads
- The incumbent is expected to attend frequent 30-60-90 checkpoint meetings on commencement of the role to ensure the 3 month onboarding plan is on track.
- On completion of successful onboarding, a schedule of regular development conversations is expected to be attended, with additional training requirements to be discussed routinely, where business needs permit.
You can download the full position description here
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, and upload your CV and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)