PolyBLOCK | Parallel Chemistry Reaction Block
A quick exchange between applications
Simply choose the adapter for your tubes, flasks or vessels and exchange vessels in seconds.
- Process optimization
Independent temperature control and measurement
- Each sample is separate with its own temperature sensor and controller. Thus, temperatures
- can be independently set and controlled with a temperature range of over 100 ºC at any time.
- To achieve temperatures below ambient, chilled fluid must be added which lowers the operating.
Reflux and inerting manifold and block
- Easy quick-connect solution for condensing and inerting in larger reactors
- One connection for inert gas and water supply
- Allows use of traditional condensers
- Seals allow condensers to be removed without cooling liquid spillage
Also available reflux and inerting block, with adapters for vials, tubes and reactors.
High-Pressure Reactors are most commonly 16 ml in but this is now interchangeable with 30 ml and 50 ml reactors, all stirred and with separate temperature control. For larger volumes, up to 400 ml, bigger modifications are needed. All feature efficient magnetic stirring the following being typical choices:
- Stainless Steel or Hastelloy wetted parts
- Suspended mechanical agitation for efficient mixing on small scale and no-viscous samples
- Overhead direct agitation for larger vessels (100 ml plus)
- Up to 200 bar
- Up to 250 °C
Vessels to suit any scale
16 ml Vessels
16 ml vessels are available across our range of products but specifically designed for chemistry screening on the H.E.L HPCS unit. Each vessel is supplied with a multi-port lid and a central thermowell. The thermowell can be used to support suspended stirrers (PTFE, stainless, or Hastelloy) in order to improve mixing.
The small size is ideal for reducing chemical inventories for screening runs, and provide excellent data for selecting the chemical systems to proceed to larger-scale testing.
75, 160, 300 or 400 ml working volumes
Larger vessels ideal for High-Pressure Optimisation.
Reliable & scalable results can be obtained using suspended mechanical agitation. Suspended agitation provides a low-cost option without the chance of leaks. Where overhead motors are needed, the vessels can be supplied with magnetic rotating seals and conventional drives (75 ml vessel not available with overhead agitation). This application can be extended by the inclusion of pressure measurement and control.
The multi reactor platforms, high-pressure PolyBLOCK, ChemSCAN II, AutoMATE, also accommodate HEL’s range of CATalyst screening system. These essentially manual multi-sample screening vessels have been designed to provide a simple easy-to-use tool for high-pressure reaction screening. They can be used directly in the zones of any HEL 4-pot reaction platform, or on stirring hotplates and oil baths.
- 18 or 24 Samples
- 100 bar
- 4 ml working volumes
- Each vial independently agitated
This is designed to be used with 18 standard 2ml HPLC vials (with our without septa in place)
It is a simple device that allows the use of 24 open-top vials to be used at high pressure and temperature. The typical test volume is around 1 ml. The vessels are refluxed with cold fingers that minimize solvent loss and cross-contamination.
PolyBLOCK Parallel Chemistry Reaction Block.pdfClick Here to Download