Sales Account Manager, Central Zone, U.S.A.
H.E.L Group is a multinational company headquartered in London, England whose primary business is the sale of highly technical instruments used in research by Pharmaceutical and Chemical companies. The U.S. office is responsible for the sales and technical service/support to our clients in the Americas and is in Princeton, New Jersey.
We are looking for someone to continue the growth of our U.S. business, focussing on sales in the Central Zone of the U.S.A. The nature of the role and support required means that the individual ideally lives within convenient commuting distance of the assigned territory. This position follows on from significant investments made in sales and service capabilities in North America (and more globally) over the past 12-18 months. To read more about the recent growth and expansion of the group, see the articles in our newsroom.
The ideal candidate will have a strong, demonstrable track record in selling scientific instruments, with a proven ability to be self-motivated and deliver results.
- Within the defined geographic area responsible for selling product(s), services, parts, solutions, or projects.
- Contributes to the sales plan in a specific region.
- Defines sales strategy for targeted clients.
- Products and systems requiring technical knowledge.
- Accurately forecast and achieve sales objectives.
- Prepares and delivers proposals and presentations.
- Actively participates in key capital equipment deals, strategy, execution, and building customer relationships.
- Conduct basic customer demonstrations.
- Update and expand the company CRM system.
- Ability to collaborate with service and applications personnel to ensure efficient service to clients.
- Build personal credibility and manage customer networks and relationships at all levels.
- Ensures timely communications with the customer at all stages.
- Ensures all relevant processes and procedures are followed throughout the task and documentation has been completed in line with our quality and continuous improvement system.
- Communicates with the team, stakeholders, and decision-makers at all levels if there are any issues.
- Weekly meetings with line manager to update issues and actions taken to resolve them.
- The ability to travel regularly up to 80% of the time.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related fields.
- Demonstrated knowledge of selling to industrial, R&D chemical sector is desirable but individuals with strong scientific and chemical engineering backgrounds with 3+ years of commercial experience will be considered.
- Working knowledge of chemical processes deployed in pharmaceutical and fine chemical R&D is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills; capital equipment sales experience desirable.
- Must be a good listener; able to understand customer processes.
- Strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively work under short timelines.
- Fluency in written & spoken English.
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- A self-starter who is focused, reliable, flexible, and well-organized.
- Ability to grasp scientific terms and concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in building long term relationships with clients.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility in work hours.
- Ability to travel extensively within the U.S. and Canada.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below, uploading your resume and covering letter.
(Please no agencies)