ChemSCAN | Parallel Catalyst Screening and Development Platform
Vessel Types and Volumes
- The system supports four reactors in parallel operation. Reactor volumes range from 16ml to 500ml, available in SS316 Stainless Steel or Hastelloy.
- Ambient to 250 ⁰C.
- Options to decrease the range down to -40 ⁰C (circulator dependent)
- A separate mantle around each reactor allows the temperature to be controlled individually, with a range/difference of over 100 °C between the reactors.
High Pressure and Vacuum Systems
- Each reactor can be independently pressurized up to 200 bar.
- Pressure gauges, or optional transducers, enable reaction pressure monitoring.
- Reactors can be set to different start pressures, allowing the controlled stirring to initiate the reaction.
- Availability of manual purge and gas feed for each reactor.
- Indirect agitation with magnetic stirrer bar as standard.
- Suspended mechanical agitation for efficient mixing on small-scale and non-viscous samples.
- Optional Overhead direct agitation for larger vessels.
Intelligent Software Control and Analysis
- labCONSOL software control enables regular data logging, multi-step recipes, parameter control, and feedback loops. The software adds a responsive intelligence to the PolyCAT 4 system and still delivers an intuitive interface that needs only minimal training to run quickly.
- Experiments can be designed to:
- Run all reactions at the same temperature and pressure -while varying the catalyst or reagents.
- Keep catalyst loads identical but vary the initial pressure.
- Run individual reactors with different loads, pressure, and temperatures
- Include automatic user-configurable reaction detection and shutdown procedures, to ensure user safety.
- Compact manifold for easy manual purge and pressurization.
- Automatic hardware and software fail-safes are installed on every system.
High-Pressure Reactors are most commonly 16 mL in but this is now interchangeable with 30 and 50ml reactors, all stirred and with separate temperature control. For larger volumes, up to 400 mL, bigger modifications are needed. All feature efficient magnetic stirring the following being typical choices:
- Stainless Steel or Hastelloy wetted parts
- Suspended mechanical agitation for efficient mixing on small scale and no-viscous samples
- Overhead direct agitation for larger vessels (100 ml plus)
- Up to 200 bar
- Up to 250 ° C
Vessels to suit any scale…
16 mL Vessels available across the range, but specifically designed for chemistry screening on the HPCS unit. Each vessel is supplied with a multi-port lid and a central thermowell. The thermowell can be used to support suspended stirrers (PTFE, stainless, or Hastelloy) in order to improve mixing.
The small size is ideal for reducing chemical inventories for screening runs, and provide excellent data for selecting the chemical systems to proceed to larger-scale testing.
75, 160, 300 or 400 ml working volumes
Larger vessels ideal for High-Pressure Optimisation.
Reliable & scalable results can be obtained using suspended mechanical agitation. Suspended agitation provides a low-cost option without the chance of leaks. Where overhead motors are needed, the vessels can be supplied with magnetic rotating seals and conventional drives (75ml vessel not available with overhead agitation). This application can be extended by the inclusion of pressure measurement and control.
The multi reactor platforms, High-Pressure PolyBLOCK, High-Pressure ChemSCAN II, High-Pressure AutoMATE, also accommodate HEL’s range of CATalyst screening system. These essentially manual multi-sample screening vessels have been designed to provide a simple easy-to-use tool for high-pressure reaction screening. They can be used directly in the zones of any HEL 4-pot reaction platforms, or on stirring hotplates and oil baths.
- 18 or 24 Samples
- 100 bar
- 4 ml working volumes
- Each vial independently agitated
Is designed to be used with 18 standard 2ml HPLC vials (with our without septa in place)
Is a simple device that allows the use of 24 open-top vials to be used at high pressure and temperature. Typical test volume is around 1ml. The vessels are refluxed with cold fingers that minimise solvent loss and cross-contamination.
HEL 2018 HPC UK.pdfClick Here to Download